CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 19, 2009

Good News

Melissa surgery went well today. She was taken in around 9:30 and dad at 12:30 dad called and said that the surgeon would be out in about 30 minutes to talk to them. When she was in recovery she told mom she wanted a picture of Sophie (her Malti-poo) and I am going to fluff her up and put bows in her hair and make her picture and put it in a frame for her to put in her room. I could hear relief in mom voice when I talked to her late this afternoon. They took one of her ribs and fused 5 vertebrates and 4 disk. I am curious as to how they put the two rods down her spine. Mom said she wasn't sure either. She will have a few rough days, but I know that she will be a trooper.


I also got good news today at my appointment. He put me in a smaller brace and told me to keep doing what I was doing and call when I got ready for the shots. This was an option that I had and wanted to try before I started the shots. I only have to wear my brace when I am doing active stuff , bending or squatting. So we are home for the night and ready for our movie and then bed.


We are going down Sunday and taking Dad out for breakfast before we go. The boys are going to take care of Dad tomorrow night. Clint said that he wanted to say with papa so that he did not have to be alone. Thanks to for all the sweet comments and calls and all the prayers that have gone out today for my family.

4 comments:

~Kim~ said...

I am glad it went well. I am sure she will be healing at home, soon!

I am also glad your appointment went well!

Veronica Stepien said...

glad to hear it went well. I am just down the road if uncle earl needs me. Call for anything!!!

Saylorsmom said...

I am so happy to surgery went well. I know she's a tough gal so recovery won't be too hard on her. I will still keep her in my prayers.

~Kim~ said...

LeAnne, I hope Melissa is still doing well, and you are too!