CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

FRIENDS

This morning was pretty sad for me. The boys were at my in-laws and it was me here by myself. I found myself thinking about Melissa's surgery and what it was going to be like for her and my mom. My mom has worried for weeks and I try not too, but you can't help from it. Well anyway I was watery eyed thinking about tomorrow and got a text from a dear friend and we talked about it and before long I was smiling and laughing.
It is wonderful how just a simple few texts can turn your day around. After I smiled I said a prayer and left it in God's hands. I know that sometimes I should do more, but feel that I am at my ropes in with all the running with the boys. I have made my mind up to make myself take time to try to do more. I want to be able to help those who need it and encourage those who need encouragement. This is something that is hard for me because I find myself exhausted by the end of the day.
So if you find a little message on your phone or in your inbox it is just me checking to say hi and see that you are OK. Friends are the fuel that helps us go on from time to time. Thank you to all my many friends who encourage and inspire me, for without you where would we be.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and please keep Melissa and the Hickey family in your prayers.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Thinking about you and you family today!!! I also want you to know what a wonderful person you are. I only wish I had known you better in school and we could have grown up together being friends. Prayers are going up for your sister. Love ya bunches.

Danielle said...

I didn't realize her surgery was this soon. We will be thinking of you all and praying everything goes well. Steve loves Melissa and still talks about your family. He misses them a lot.

Unknown said...

Praying for you and yours!