CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

What A Day!

Today started out as a waking experience. The boys were wide awake by 2:00 A.M. yes I said 2:00 in the morning. Shawn and I were beat, so we let them wait until 5:00 to open their gifts. How funny was it to listen to them whispering in the living room about what might be under the tree. I know that was pure torture for them and sweet revenge for us. So we got up and they opened their gifts and played with them while Shawn and I napped on the couch and in the recliner.

Next we headed off to my Moms for Christmas with them. We had yummy potato soup, Veggie soup and all the trimmings. Just after eating I got a call from my Father in law and he said that Josh, the boy that they are raising had shot himself in the leg. We were worried, but we finished our Christmas and then hurried out the the ER. The gun was jammed and he was trying to unjam it. It was just one of those freak accidents that happened. The 22 shell went in this leg just beside his knee and grazed the bone. They sent him to Vanderbilt non emergency and we are waiting to hear from Shawn's parents. Please keep them in your prayer. Josh was talking and going on while he was waiting on his ride to Nashville. He told me he dreaded the ride and that he did not want to spend the night in the hospital, but I'm sure he will.

There were some pretty funny things that went on at Mom's and I will post them later with some pictures from our Christmas. I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness, that's terrible. I will be praying for him... He sounds like he handled it well though. Bless it.

Sheila said...

Merry Christmas Leanne and Very Happy New Year to your sweet family. I am so sorry to hear about Josh, we will keep him in our prayers and tell Ms. Melissa Happy Belated Birthday.
:)
Sheila

Tanya said...

LeAnne, I can not believe your little boy thought I was pretty the other day!! I looked like a skank!!! Hehe :-) Tell him thank you anyway. How sweet! Tell him thank you for the sweet comments about Olivia too. It was good to see you too. I hate that it is always at Wal-Mart though. We should plan a lunch or something one day. You are a hoot by the way! Lots of love and Happy New Year to you and your sweet family.