CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Warm Yummy

We do a Mother's Day Tea every year at school and ask for recipes from all the moms. Well Brooke Totherow sent one in and it is a REAL WINNER!!! Girls you have to try it.



Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
1lb. Lean Ground Beef
1 15 oz. can Spaghetti Sauce
1 10 oz. can refrigerated Pizza Crust Dough
1.5 Cup pre-shredded part-skim mozzarella Cheese
Bell Pepper, Onion and Mushrooms
Pre-heat oven to 425. Cook meat in skillet until browned. Drain meat and add spaghetti sauce and cook until heated. While meat cooks coat 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza dough and press into bottom and half way up the sides of the dish. Top crust with meat mixture, then layer with mushrooms, onions and bell pepper if desired. Bake uncovered for 12 minutes. Then top with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts.


My honey does not like to try new things and he turned his nose up at first, but after he ate it he loved it. I used the pizza dough mix and it made the crust thick and yummy. This is absolutely a Grissom house hold regular now... Thanks Brooke.

Since there is no school today I found some really good recipes online I am going to be trying so stay tuned for more.

2 comments:

Alison Cummins said...

That sounds amazing! I may have to try it out. I hope you guys are enjoying this warm weather today! I am stoked about 70 degrees!

hugs,
Alison

Tanya said...

This sounds so.... yummy!! I think I may just have this for dinner tomorrow night! Thanks for the recipe sister!